1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple releases virus that crashes Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 17, 2008.

1. i weep that any journalist would take that commercial seriously for, like, three seconds.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I stand corrected: Word 2007 blows. I regularly get sent documents with the .docx or .xlsx extensions that I can't open and the senders always blame Vista.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm still not sure, though, what is Mojave? Come on guys, stop playing around and just tell me.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Perhaps this might help.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I was kidding.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I found a solution to that problem recently:
    If you're on a Mac, click here
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx?pid=Mactopia_AddTools&fid=6B9238E1-CF69-48C4-BF2D-C4A8ACEEE520#viewer
    If you're on a PC, click here
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

By the way, iTunes 8 was crappy for me at first as well. My remote speakers through Airport Express wouldn't show up and my wife's 5G iPod suddenly went wonky.

Suddenly, after a couple reboots, everything was working fine again. So that's my advice: reboot a few times.

Now if only they'd fix the problem that prevented my CD burner from working with iTunes, I'd be set. I saw a couple clues in this thread that have me wanting to try and burn a CD from iTunes again in hopes they finally solved the issue.

8. just save as windows 97-2003 document

vista took some getting used to, but i love it

same with word 2007

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ribbon's a PITA. The version of MS Paint included with Win7 will have a ribbon, too.

I've talked several people through the steps necessary to default to *.DOC format rather than *.DOCX format. Easier just to ditch it and install OpenOffice.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, I have no problems with Vista. I like it much better than OS X.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I had a different problem with Vista tonight. Probably my own fault. I started another thread about it.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's safe to trust a link with someone named Gomer who has under 1000 posts, but I think I'm going to give that link a try. Getting way too many docx files that I can't open.

Draft saved Draft deleted