1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple fanboys assemble!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you geeked for today?

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Incredibly.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I'm hoping Verizon jumps into the fold somehow today.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Will Twitter crash?

5. Inky_Wretch

That's one of the big rumors, that Verizon will have iPhones and iTablets.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat geeked. I'm typing on my Macbook, just made a call on my iPhone and I'm going to listen to my Shuffle when I go run in a little while. In other words, I'm pretty loaded down with Apple products at the moment and I really don't see myself adding anything new for at least a year unless something just blows me away.

And I don't think the Tablet or whatever is going to blow me away to the point that I buy one anytime soon.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I resisted getting an iPhone because of the relationship with ATT. If Verizon is behind the tablet, I will be saving up to get one, although, I will probably wait for the second round because there always seem to be glitches in the first round that they have worked out by the second or third round.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's my hope. I'm eligible for my upgrade, but I just replaced my old phone with the insurance because I wanted to keep my upgrade in case the iPhone comes over.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've read that in Canada, the iPhone is available on the four major carriers but the price is mostly the same.

I've also read rumors that the tablet will run the iPhone's OS. Here's hoping the iSlate, iPad, iCantakethisinthebathroom is more than just a bigger iPhone/iPod touch.

10. Inky_Wretch

iPad is the name.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

iPad it is! (Didn't think they'd go there because it sounds too much like iPod)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/live-from-the-apple-tablet-latest-creation-event/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. John

John Well-Known Member

It's an iPod Touch, only bigger -- or so it would seem.

Draft saved Draft deleted