1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Appendectomies - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 16, 2008.

1. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

The $25K is the bill from the hospital (pre-insurance, I had to pay around $1,200 of that). That does not include the doctor who performed the surgery, or the guy who knocked me out for several hours.

Overall, I think I am paying about $3,000 for the entire thing.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well, another big announcement from my brother today when he spoke to my dad. Apparently the doctors told him he almost died last night while in surgery. The doctors said it had to do something with his breathing. My brother has had asthma for most of his life so I guess it had something to do with this. But, he's up walking around now and according to my dad sounds pretty good. My dad went to see him today. I'll see him tomorrow and Friday and if he's still there, on Saturday.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

That's really fortunate, T_D, that he came out of it. I'm glad he's doing better. :)

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your brother seems to be OK now. Sorry he went through all the shit.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The pain is indescribable. Was a vomit factory for about 16 hours. Anytime your white cell count is 18,000, you're in trouble.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Glad to hear everything is OK.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Thanks Chef. It was the hospital or A case of crown, a swiss army knife, and a box of Barney band-aids :D

8. KG

KG Active Member

Ha ha. I'm too sleepy right now to laugh, but that did the trick.

Draft saved Draft deleted