1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently you can go home again. Welcome back, Hazel Mae

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ward is a good studio guy but I couldn't see him in a colour role. Both of them are a huge improvement on Peca.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

She even rooted against the Bruins. You and Michelle Malkin are bound for the eighth level of hell, Haze.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As she says, she's a Canadian girl. She only worked there :)

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm a big Ward fan but I can see why he would rub some people the wrong way.

I really wish the Rangers would fire Tortorella so he could come back to TSN.

Johnson comes from the Greg Millen school of commentary: boring as batshit.

I thought Marty Biron did a good job. Worse guy ever: Roenick.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sportsnet blew during the Memorial Cup. They blew chunks in general, and they also blew every team that was playing Owen Sound.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why did they not like Owen Sound?

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I want to shoehorn something in here. Wearing Tweedle Dee's old Number whogivesashit, Don Taylor is arguably the worst guy in sports broadcasting. Cannot stand him. I make it a point not to watch Sportsnet, especially their late shows, just to avoid him. Nails on a chalkboard.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Hazel Mae welcome back to Canada.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

They weren't the chosen ones - Mississauga and Saint John were to be the darlings of the tournament - and tiny Owen Sound, which hadn't even made the playoffs the previous year, threw a big wrench into the works by knocking off Mississauga in the Ontario championship. It didn't matter that they'd been the best team in their conference all season. The Sportsnet guys responded to their championship by making it very clear they felt Owen Sound had no business being at the Memorial Cup.

In the end, though, some creative officiating and disclipine (or lack thereof) helped both of the anointed teams get past Owen Sound and into the national final, right where Sportsnet and the CHL wanted them to be.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Everybody loves a good conspiracy.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's exactly what that voice told me. Wait, what?

12. Heh heh - a Hazel Mae thread without pictures leaves everyone who doesn't know her scratching their heads over what the big deal is.

Draft saved Draft deleted