1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently you can go home again. Welcome back, Hazel Mae

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 4, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not sure if this belongs here or over in Journalism so I put it here.

People from New England will remember Hazel Mae. She left Sportsnet up here in 2004 to join NESN, then went over the MLB Network and has come back to Sportsnet to help them in their ongoing battle with TSN.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hazel-mae-reconnects-with-sportsnet/article2224646/

Personally, I can't stand Sportsnet. They have the worst goddamn hockey panel and are constantly shilling for the Leafs. You'd think they were Leafs TV.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

She was awful in her early days on Sportsnet. I have seen her the odd time on NESN or MLB Network and she has improved.

I can't watch any of Sportsnet news shows or it's panel crap. the best personnel move they made was bringing in Gregg Zaun as a baseball analyst. He did a great job on their broadcasts of jays games and the playoffs.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Looks great for 40.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Also, they finally started wearing ties again(well most of them) and look more professional.

Is there anyone more annoying than Nick Kypreos on Sportsnet?

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I didn't realize she talks ... I must not have been focusing.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

MacLean would be close. And Don Taylor the odd time I see him. Their hockey guys are so far behind TSN's that it's not even a fair fight.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Taylor is the best they have IMO.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sure is.

Doug MacLean on Sportsnet, Jay Onrait on TSN, Mike Milbury anywhere.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Huggy Jr. thinks Onrait is a riot, he loves the goofy voices and faces and when he yells for no reason at all. I said one day, "Doesn't anybody just give you the scores anymore???!!! Cut the comedy!!!"

Oh yeah, fuck Pierre McGuire too, wherever he is.

I will say that TSN has a real up-and-coming star in the making in Mike Johnson.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

MacLean does nothing but defend his days in Columbus.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Really? I think he's awful. I hate Ward, but I'd say Ward is more entertaining than Johnson. But that's just my personal opinion on the matter.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Exactly, like drafting Rick Nash was such a stretch. Maybe he should defend a lot of the other shitty picks like Brule, Picard and loads of others.

Draft saved Draft deleted