1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently, Westboro's deity also hates tweets, tweetphotos and tweeps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 26, 2010.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When will they be picketing at the dictionary printing plant?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nah, it'll be their usual God-hates-everybody-except-the-Phelps-cult schtick.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Maybe Twitter is internet slang for "penis in the anus". I'll look it up on Urban Dictionary, and if it's not there, I'll add it.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Actually, they do usually win cases like that. There are a handful of lawyers in their little cult. They take the money from those settlements and spend it traveling the world in their jackass circus.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I never knew it was so easy to graduate from law school and pass the bar.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Won't do 'em much good when somebody finally lays a few of 'em out. :D :D :D

7. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Add law school and the bar exam to the long and distinguished list of things that ain't what they used to be.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Phelps is on the same banned list as Michael Savage in Great Britain. When Savage goes on and on about how wrong it is that he's on the same list as murderers and terrorists, he never says anything about Phelps being on the list. I've often wondered why. I know they both have issues with gays, but I've never heard Savage say anything about supporting or condeming Phelps.

9. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I'm sure Savage doesn't want to be thought of in the same breath as Phelps and his inbred kin.

Too late, Mr. Weiner.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Does Savage really have to individually and publicly accept or refute the beliefs and actions of every person on the list?

Phelps' stance on gays is so far beyond sane that it's not even funny. He doesn't just hate gays. He hates everyone that doesn't hate gays as much as he does and go about trying to change people's opinions with the same vigor he does. He hates the United States for "supporting" gays ... a country that obviously isn't anywhere close to allowing gay marriage, and he hates it for its support of gays. That's the main basis behind his protests anymore: he doesn't protest outside gay bars or gay funerals. He protests outside anything that in any way doesn't treat gays the same way he does, i.e., virtually everything and everyone. He sees no shades of grey. In Kansas, he protests the liberal university, KU, and the conservative, K-State.

I don't think anyone has to go out of their way to speak out against such beliefs. I think it's safe to assume few people, homophobic or not, are actually that insane.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Again, it's not homosexuals or Twitter that Phelps hates. He hates everybody who isn't in his cult. He thinks everybody should be following him, since he's some great prophet.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Frickin' Topekans.

Fred Phelps is disbarred. Seems he had a bit of trouble keeping the money in an estate he was supposed to represent separate from his own. Unfortunately, some of his spawn are attorneys and have time on their hands to file case after case after case if they get teh urge.

Draft saved Draft deleted