1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently our Prez has cooties

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Mar 10, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070309/ap_on_fe_st/guatemala_bush_purification;_ylt=AjPDyiau30FwCwqUCwsQefTMWM0F

These people are scum.
    Cut ties off for a year or so (aka $$$), bet they suddenly won't see us as so evil.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Meanwhile if there's a bigger idiot than Hugo Chavez in the western hemisphere, I'd like to hear about him. Seriously, holding a protest and yelling "gringo go home!" in a different country? This guy has jumped the shark.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hey man . . . his country has oil.

So he's relevant. I guess.

Or he's just a loudmouth and one of the best advertisements for finding alternative forms of fuel and thus making him irrelevant again.

4. White House tours are informative and relatively inexpensive.

5. Well-played, sir.

6. Flying Headbutt

But then I'd have to get up early. Besides, the Metro trains are packed going downtown in the morning. To hell with all that.

And Piotr, you're right. In fact, one of the biggest tragedies of this horrible presidency, and there are many yes, is the fact that President Oil is absolutely unwilling to do what's necessary to encourage energy independence. And I'm not talking weak ass steps we've taken so far. I'm talking ambitious, radical action that Brazil has done. If the Brazilians can do it, there's no reason at all why we can't.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed, it is ironic that Bush and his cronies are oilmen, and their enemies are also oilmen. So Bush's own interests prevent his administration from pursuing ends that would render many of the louder U.S. haters irrelevant.

8. Flying Headbutt

It's the clearest indication of where his ultimate priorities lie as the leader of this country.

9. Running Bear

Running Bear Member

lie being the key word, of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted