1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apologizing for a minor faux paux

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 15, 2010.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Some people are just pissed off at the world during every waking moment. They just are.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe your turbin was off-putting

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Are you referring to sma-po?

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Get off his damn lawn too.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Maybe she objected to your spelling.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This is a great point and one that took me too long in life to figure out. You never know what's on anyone's mind or what they might be going through on a personal level, so give people a little room and the benefit of the doubt.

I've been far more cognizant of this since the aftermath of 9-11 when people were walking around NYC like zombies, many people had short tempers and others seemed hyper-sensitive.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Folks, I'm sorry for my spelling. I don't use the word "fuax paux" often.
    Perhaps I need more practice with it.
    I know the guys who work in the store and later, I apologized to them for yelling at the person. The clerk told me the woman comes in there regularly and causes problems (though I've never seen her before). She has some sort of mental issues.
    All I'm saying is usually when you bump into somebody by mistake and say "I'm sorry," the other person usually says "It's OK," without even thinking about it.
    Maybe I just need to be more careful, watch where I'm going and try not to bump into people so much.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Or maybe stop caring whether they follow your idea of minor social conventions?

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Just seemed like common courtesy to me.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Well this thread has been highly pointless, my post included.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If drip had started this thread there would be five copycat threads. If I didn't know better I would think drip + sp were one and the same after reading this.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

She was pissed that the store was fresh out of unfiltered Lucky Strikes.

Draft saved Draft deleted