1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apollo astronaut: Alien visits covered up by US government

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 24, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Are we sure Edgar Mitchell didn't just come from an NBA game with Sam Cassell on the floor?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I thought Dennis Rodman was from that planet.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Nice.

In unrelated news, Kevin Willis proves that T-Rex did indeed walk the earth.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Was talking with some engineers at a barbecue a few weekends ago and they laid out the case, very persuasively, that the 1969 moon landing was bullshit.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Good Christ. I hope they're not bridge engineers.

Maybe they were train engineers?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, you have to give some details of what they said. You just have to.

7. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hundreds, maybe thousands of people worked for NASA at the time and would have known about it if it were faked.
    Somebody would have said something sooner or later.

9. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

The thing that always strikes me when I read about stuff like The Great Filter and Fermi Paradox is...what we consider the "real world" must be strikingly different for these scientists. Their minds have a great depth for intergalactic theory, all sorts of advanced physics, the mediocrity principle, and they spend much of their time working on the science of it all. Then, they (hopefully) step outside and there's a douchebag Domino's driver trying to bring someone else a piping hot circle of crusty dough with tomato and cheese. The regularity of everyday life must blow their minds.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A very good case can be made. It would still be wrong. But the case can be made.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One small flaw in the grand scheme though. You have a guy, a former astronaut who has (allegedly) been on the moon, and he's talking about aliens meeting with government officials. And THIS guy isn't claiming the landing, nor any of the six that followed, was faked?
    Seems like if anyone was going to be out there blowing a whistle on NASA, it'd be him.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Most of the stuff scudded way over my head. I'll call one of the guys and have him e-mail me. It was very interesting, even if some might think it contentious.

Draft saved Draft deleted