1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apartment neighbor issues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MightyMouse, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Queen and I lived in an apartment for seven months in 1990 after our first house sold. The second house wasn't ready.

Young couple lived upstairs. You could set your clock by their, um, marital activities. 11 p.m., 7:30 a.m. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Didn't sound like they had much variety. The "music" would start and last about two minutes.

We see them in the hall one day. I'm not small by any stretch, though I was a bit smaller then. These two make me look like twiggy. And The Queen, in a very un-Queen like moment, asks me to please move our bed. "They're coming through one time, count on it."

Didn't happen while we were there. It was a bunch of fun trying to explain the noise to the kids, who were 7 and 4 at the time.

"Dude's gettin' busy," didn't quite paint the picture.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

lived below a girl who wasn't exactly easy on the eyes and she and her boyfriend would go at it with lots of moaning. i could've handled the thought of them doing the dirty if she was hot but the visuals i was left with instead stunted me for years. ugly people shouldn't have sex.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

MM, clearly given your history at the building, its the new neighbors who are the problem.

As for apartment living, most awkward moment is hearing the "nighttime activities" one night from upstairs and my wife knowing that the upstairs wife is out of town. Great, there went another golfing buddy.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I used to live in a converted old clock tower. Huge ceilings, thick, brick outside walls, crap for inside walls.

I heard the couple next door going at it every night, followed by a fight, including one where he yelled afterward, "I let you fu*k two guys last night and you still want more?"

Very ugly couple, by the way. Very.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If ugly people can't have sex, then I'm in trouble.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

97 percent of the population is in trouble according to some...

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Kinda surprising given how high-and-mighty Kentucky fans can be ...

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kate Upton is a virgin.

9. I've had one issue in my current apartment. Two girls live above my roommate and I, and we can't turn the bass on at all on the surround sound without them banging on the floor to tell us to quiet it down. It really isn't loud at all, and my subwoofer is basically worthless because we can't use it without them complaining.

No big deal, just part of living in an apartment, I guess. If it ever got really bad, I'd bring up that I can hear one of them getting busy like clockwork every Saturday night.

I'm not one that really feels the need to push back about the sound, but I suppose I haven't had anyone nearly as bad as the OP's footsteps neighbor. That's absurd.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I live in an apartment now, bottom floor.
    Now, I know I have a weird schedule...I work 5-1a, so I am in the house awake usually between noon and 5 and 1a-4a.
    My wife works 9-5, so she is awake at home between 5-11p. At all hours of the day, they are banging around and yelling up there.
    But we both agree...it's just apartment life. You deal with it.

11. I had an apartment during my first job out of college before I got married. I got home after midnight one night, made a snack, sat down to watch some late TV, and the sounds of the newlyweds in the next apartment drowned out my TV. I think my sofa was against the wall next to their bedroom, and it was so loud it was like I was in a threesome with them.

So I turned up the TV volume, and also moved across the room. They must had heard the TV, because all of a sudden it got real quiet. We passed in the hallway a few days later, and they sheepishly said something about the thin walls, and I answered knowingly. But since they knew my schedule, they just moved up their trysting time, which worked out for everybody.

12. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

So I haven't heard a peep from them for two days. I'm wondering if they called the cops, and they cops told them to take a hike.

Draft saved Draft deleted