1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apartment Living

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Oct 29, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I need to vent on something. There needs to be some kind of guide that the managers of an apartment building hand out to people when they move in.

Seriously, not trying to sound like an old man here, but there are some things that people don't get. First off, my neighbors upstairs have two little kids who run all day long. I can hear the scampering feet from one end of the place to the other for like 6 hours a day.

Second, I like my music really loud in the car, but when I pull into a complex I always turn it down. Apparently some people don't care to do this at like 3 am when they get home from drinking.

Third, for the love of christ, do not stand outside your place to argue with people. What makes you think every person in the entire building wants to hear you fight.

Fourth and last, who the fuck vaccums at 4 am? Just saying.

Anyway, thanks for reading. :mad:

2. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Rent a house. More space for the same or less money. Only con is you have to mow the lawn.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

There aren't many studio houses in my price range

4. jps

jps Active Member

same or less? where the hell do you live?

5. I have been guilty of vaccuming at 2-3 a.m. But I'm never home until late at night and the old guy who lives under me is hardly ever home.

Though moving up a flight (or two) of stairs royally blows, I always prefer upstairs so I don't have to hear people walk all over the place. I'd rather them hear me.

I haven't even lived in an apartment for six months and I'm already beyond tired of it. Can't wait to buy a house.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I used to live in a building when I was in college that had the idea that only women could live on the top floor because they "walked lighter" than men.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Until they moved out, the couple directly above me loved to fight -- and from the sound it, throw each other against the walls -- well past midnight.

I always wanted to call the cops but suspected the dude was the type who carried a gun and wasn't afraid to use it.

Another time I was looking at a place and while he was showing me around, the landlord felt the need to tell me someone was raped there. Uh, not exactly the best way to close the deal, dumbass. ::)

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

At my first place in Oregon I used to hear the fights of the downstairs couple word for word.

"I fucking hate you"
    "Fuck you, you miserable C***"

I called the cops one night and the guy said he was going to kill me if I ever did it again.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

he doesn't live in my neck of the woods.

i was just about to buy a home when i lost my job so being stuck in an apartment is especially painful for me even outside the fact that i have a major asshole above me and management that doesn't give a damn when i complain. i'd live on the top floor if not for knees that long ago needed replacing.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have hated living in apartments when I haven't been on the top floor. Right now, I'm on the top floor and I sleep in ear plugs. So it's all good.

Too bad for them when I get home at 3:15 a.m. and walk on my squeaky floor. :D

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Also working the graveyard shift is not very conducive to living in an apartment.

Don't get me started on car alarms. Grrr...

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My neighbor receives a subpoena at least once a month. In fact, the other morning when I was working, I heard what I thought was a knock at my door, but it was a knock on his. Lady sheriff giving out another subpoena.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers apparently dig lady cops, according to the lyrics for Sir Psycho Sexy:

Draft saved Draft deleted