1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

APA to members: Don't tell a gay person they can change.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or perhaps, and this is more likely, they are homosexual by nature, but they have dealt with so much bullshit for it that they feel like crap about themselves. That leads them to try to be something they are not.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

Methinks Scribe doth protest too much.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Yes, because it's perfectly permissable to react to those who dare question the issue as homophobic bigots who can't possibly be making any sense. How politically correct you are.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

This thread is gay.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Scribe,

[​IMG]

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think it's kind of depressing.

8. ScribePharisee

Depressing because points are made than the Gay Army can't defend without their usual attacks of insults and victimology, crying "homophobe."

9. ScribePharisee

It's all about silencing all opposing points of view. I'd better shut up lest I be put on the Obama black list.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

And be on the lookout for the black helicopters.

My question always is, if you do think it's a choice, at what age did you choose to be heterosexual? 12, 15, 25? And if it was a choice, does that mean you have homosexual desires but simply choose to ignore them and sleep with women?

11. ScribePharisee

I'm saying that choices are often shaped by our emotional development, and those seeds are put into place well before we "decided" to be straight or gay. But those things also occurred after birth, so they weren't born with them. And AGAIN, I'm not throwing everyone into that group, but it would behoove the APA and its members to continue that therapy in terms of helping one who is having self-esteem or identity issues RELATED to those factors.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.