1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP, what's the record for most mistakes in a cutline?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by friend of a friend, May 1, 2007.

1. Check out this AP gem from the Sens-Devils game last night.

Ottawa Senators' Danny Heatly is rammed into New Devils Jersy goaltender Martin Brodeur's net by Devils defenseman Colin White as Senators' Daniel Alfredsson, left, looks on during the first period of Game 3 of their Eastern Conference semifinals hockey game, Monday, April 30, 2007, in Ottawa.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They forgot "Alfredsson, of Sweden."

Does anybody, anywhere, use those fucking foreign nation identification tags in hockey cutlines? Get fucking rid of them. Just more shit to get wrong.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I was going to say, I consider it an error on their part any time they tack the nationality onto a photo subject. Because they have erred in thinking that anyone gives a crap.

4. Agreed on the nationality. I take it out every friggin time.

5. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I think someone here mentioned that they do that for European clients who search by nation for photos. Still a pain, but I think that's the reasoning.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Then I want, "Joe Dokes, of the United States," and "Doug McKenzie, of Canada," on every name, too.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You actually do get those on photos shot outside of North America.

Draft saved Draft deleted