1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP Top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 18, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

How did the 'Canes get 68 votes?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hawaii should be higher. And I'd vote for Kentucky before Alabama.

Meanwhile, defending ACC champ Wake Forest returns eight billion starters and only scrapes together 40 votes, while dogass Florida State is busy collecting Notre Dame's usual preseason welfare check.

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Defense could be nasty; special teams (specifically kicker and punter) should be outstanding. If they can find a QB, they'll be able to utilize some nice weapons on offense.

Trips to OSU and PSU will be tough (and Illinois could get them, too) but UW could/should win the league.

4. They didn't. They got 68 points. No way did 68 voters put Miami in their Top 25, mainly because there are only 65 voters.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It shouldn't. Given Mizzou's talent in recent years, and the relative weakness of the Big 12 North, it's a fucking sham that they haven't done more.

I'll reserve judgment this year until they prove they can win the games they should: Illinois, Ole Miss, Colorado just to name a few. They still can't win on the road, and still lose at least one game a year they shouldn't.

6. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

No Duke?!

And is there a site that shows who, in fact, is voting in the poll? I remember at one point finding a site that had those names for basketball, but wasn't sure if there was a football list circulated.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah, Spurrier can only vote with the coaches.

8. rascalface

rascalface Member

It's the power of addition by subtraction -- no more Jeff Bowden. Plus, Chuck Amato is back in Tallahassee. Yay.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Let me rephrase: How did Miami get 68 points?

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The same reason Notre Dame got 11.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Who the hell voted for Houston?

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

As someone who occasionally voted in HS polls a while ago, and usually felt dumb when a team I ranked 10th (out of 10) ended up with 1 point, I have to wonder how much dumber someone in these polls feels to see "N.C. State 1" or "Purdue 1" and know that all around the country, people are going, "Who's the dipshit who voted for XXX?"

Or maybe they don't. Who knows.

Draft saved Draft deleted