1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP Top 25: Florida #1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And Nevada is no sure thing. The Wolfpack are going to score a lot of points this year. They might be better than Boise State.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Florida's schedule is disgusting. The ONE chance they have to lose is at LSU. Otherwise, it's a 12-week coronation procession for you-know-who.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

And 90K+ hillbillies will be at Florida Field to watch them play Charleston Southern. Can someone explain why anyone would sit in 90 degree heat to watch this shit?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't mind the pre-season rankings, but once the season begins I don't understand the point of ranking a team in the top 10 before they beat a DI school.
    The SEC is a tough conference, I just wish they were more willing to take on other BCS conferences before January.
    The Pac 10 teams play two more BCS non-cons than the SEC despite having one fewer non-con game each and two fewer teams. I'm hoping at some point simple greed or ESPN will force the SEC to add another conference game per team

5. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Book it, Dan-O

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Florida always loses a game to a SEC West team. I hope it happens again.

Of course, even if they lose 58-0 the voters will still put them in the national championship game.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I think someone should start a thread about who got more hype, Tebow or Obama. I'm just sayin...

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Georgia.

9. I think ND and Penn State have a lot in common this year... super soft schedules that will get them killed should they make it to a BCS game.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

They couldn't beat Florida -- or even keep it remotely close -- with Moreno and Stafford. What on Earth makes you think Georgia has ANY shot at winning this year?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for teams that return their offensive line virtually intact. And I think UGA does better flying under the radar. I'm not saying they'll be favored to beat Florida, but they have a better shot than LSU.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

LSU will beat Florida. That loss will drop them about one spot in the rankings.

Draft saved Draft deleted