1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP Top 25: Florida #1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 22, 2009.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I agree, but then we will hear about how Weis got them back to a BCS Bowl, he'll get an extension, the ND is Back! hype will be sickening and a team like Ohio State, Texas or Alabama will get to hang 50 on them on New Year's Day. But they are better than people think. Not a NC contender, but not five losses. No way.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Irish have great receivers. I'm not really sold on Clausen, but if the line can protect him (which I'm not assuming), it could be a much better season. But I really think they could be 2-2 after four games and 3-3 after six. And 4-4 after eight. And 8-4 or 7-5 after 12.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Michigan State, USC, Boston College, Pitt and Stanford.

It's going to be a miserable October and November in South Bend.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Perhaps, but then you have to endure a season of the bandwaginbois jumping on...

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So if ND does well then Bandwagon Boy is coming back here? Oh, joy! Oh, yay! I can't wait!

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Depends on whether or not Pitt can find a quarterback. Don't rule out UCONN either.

7. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Pitt will lose to Syracuse and Youngstown state, then turn around and beat ND.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I, too, think Notre Dame will easily get 9, 10 wins. It's a relatively cupcake schedule. I think 4-1 heading into USC is very likely.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Notre Dame has a cupcake schedule for a good team, which they are not and have not been for a while. In the past two years they've lost to Navy, a Pitt team that was playing without its starting QB, a horrible Syracuse and they were a blown call away from a near upset at home by San Diego State. I could easily see them going 0-for-Michigan this year.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I interviewed Bruce Snyder once - he told me something that has stuck with me - for every game one team is circling as a probable win, there is probably another team that is also circling that game. Notre Dame isn't good enough - hasn't been for a while - to chalk any team on their schedule. They're playing too many teams that are looking at that game as a "breakthrough" game to assume anything. And Carlton, I'll take that bet - granted I've been drinking a bit tonight - but if Notre Dame is undefeated when they play USC I'll change my avatar to a picture of Chuck Weis or Mitt Romney with the caption "I lost a bet to CarltonBanks." If I win I want your avatar to be an Oregon State logo or a pic of Obama's "hope logo."

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Anyone who assumes ND will win those games or the one at Stanford does so at their own risk. Notre Dame is not good enough to assume they're a 10-win team. They might win 10, but I wouldn't call it a safe bet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is the same Irish team that lost to Syracuse!!!1! How anyone can pencil in wins at this point is crazy, never mind 10 wins. BC, Pitt, Mich St. will be tough for the Irish. UConn might even hang around and give them a run for the money. Most likely will make a bowl, but am not seeing the love for a top 10 finish.

Draft saved Draft deleted