1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Ted Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, May 20, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

40 years ago next month, he delivered one of the great eulogies of all time.

You are an American icon. Best wishes to you, sir.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Floored and saddened.

Words fail.

It's not just what he's done for people. He represents the last, most public link to Camelot, to the golden age of the boys of Hyannisport. Regardless of what side of the aisle you're on, that may be the part that makes many of us hurt the most.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sigh. Don't know what to say.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No idea why, Mark, which is why I mentioned it.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Don't forget her.

[​IMG]

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what the scene will be in Denver when he makes an appearance at the convention. It will be unbelievable. Hoping for the best for Kennedy and his family.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I've been in meetings all day and haven't heard any news until now.

Damn, damn, damn. Either we like him or not, this is not good at all for the Kennedy Family, given the history of losing family members.

I said this on the earlier TK thread that I'm not a big fan of Teddy (I am a fan of Jack and Bobby), but I respect the shit out of him because he does exactly what constituents expect an elected official (Dem or GOP) do: work his ass off for his constituents, not afraid to break ranks if he has to, and knows how to work the Senate chambers. Being in there for 47 years shows proof of that.

Yes, we do poke fun at the Kennedys for their Boston accent, and sometimes we go overboard with Chappaquiddick from time to time, but this can be said of Teddy: he's an iconic figure in American politics and in society. Good or bad, when anyone hears the name "Kennedy," people get up and notice.

That said, I will add Teddy to my prayers this evening and to the family. Hope you get better and fight this Senator. We're not ready to lose another Kennedy right now.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I may not agree with the guy politically, but I would never wish this on anyone.

The Kennedy family may be Massachusetts, if not New England royalty, but they have suffered some of the worst possible tragedies ever.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This stinks. My best to him and his family as they deal with this going forward.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Not to be contradictory, but we've still not heard a prognosis, let's think positive

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Unfortunately due to this situation, I have a feeling Joe Kennedy will be re-entering the world of politics soon.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So it wasn't his liver that did him in? Huh.

Draft saved Draft deleted