1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP Stylebook

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Matt L., Mar 4, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

[quote autho\
    r=mike311gd link=topic=53690.msg1693264#msg1693264 date=1204735822]
    I can't seem to find my style book. I swear it was here at 10 a.m. Fudge.

Hey, look: Juiced is still on the shelf. ...
    [/quote]

Swear to god. Juiced is on my book shelf right next to my Stylebook and the Elements of Style.

This is what happens when you only read sports books and reference materials.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My shelf goes Klosterman's "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs," Elias, Juiced and the AP style guide. It's been that order for as long as I can remember.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've got a shitload of reference books on my new bookcase at home and on the one at my office. The only book I have that's within easy reach in both places is the AP Stylebook.

I also have a book on magazine article writing within easy reach. But that's because I'm lazy. The AP Stylebook is where it is because I want to have immediate access to answer style questions.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I guess I should also mention George (whatshisname's book?) Napalm and Silly Putty, Eats Shoots and Leaves, (great book by the way) and the ESPN college football encyclopedia which is like 1600 pages.

Not exactly refined reading, but it will do.

5. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

It's as close to a Bible as you'll have in the business. Always, but always, have it wherever you do your work.

Draft saved Draft deleted