1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP story on Chris Henry funeral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mediaguy, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

The bolded part above, see it, that is a judgment.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Again. Basic observation. Athletic abilities & the ability to spawn children aren't redeeming values. Those are the only positives I've heard about him.

Compare that to Boom's list.

Like I said, he died as he lived, which seems only fitting.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

And that's not judgmental, huh? Bullshit.

Keep casting those stones, YF.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

"So few redeeming values" is not an observation, it is a judgment, plain and simple.

How do you know what kind of father he was? I would bet his daughter loved him quite a bit.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That little girl is exactly who he should have been thinking of before he jumped on the back of that truck.

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I blame the person who put a lift kit on the truck and fitted it with oversized tires.

7. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

Obviously, it wasn't a smart thing to do and clearly he made some other mistakes in his life. But the comments go too far.

People here act like they know everything about him and he didn't have any positive qualities. It seems to me that he was pretty well liked. It was said by his teammates that he was very generous. I'm sure the people who actually KNOW him could come up with plenty of other nice qualities, probably more than could be said for the people who make such harsh judgments on someone they don't even know. It's awful to have such hate for someone you really know nothing about.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Spare me. We do know some things about him. We know he made one terrible decision after another, including the one that cost him his life. I don't hate him for it, but I am disgusted by what he did. As a father, I know one of my most important responsibilities is to make sure I'm around to be there for my daughter. He failed to do that for his children.

Nobody is saying he was without merit and I don't particularly care for jokes at the expense of the dead, either, but I am just as frustrated with people going on about what a changed man he was in his final year or so on this Earth.

Draft saved Draft deleted