1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP sports writer in KC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Murray present, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid follow. keep beating the dead horse. :D

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

not big on the schtick to be honest.

3. beardown

beardown Member

Arthur Bryant's is better, if only because it's greasier. Make sure to check out the Peach Basket in Raytown. It's got the best fried chicken and collared greens in the Midwest. The Golden Ox by Kemper is the city's best steakhouse.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what about pizza?

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Always thought that the "rude staff" schtick is one of the stupidest things that some restaurants do. Then again, I'm Southern, and like for people to have manners.

That said, all my KC bbq experience has been uniformly positive.

6. awriter

awriter Active Member

Sorry, I didn't bother to read the whole thread before I posted. I'll never, ever, do it again. Promise. Didn't mean to offend you.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thank you. i'll hold you to your word and then we won't have to suspend your junior membership status.

8. Oklahoma Joe's anyone?

Also, how about Stroud's for chicken?

9. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Arthur Bryant's is incredible.
    That's all I can add to this discussion.

10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Haven't been to Bryant's, but I like OK Joe's better than Gates. Both have great meat, but OK Joe's has better fries, plus it's in a gas station, which is cool.

11. Simon

Simon Active Member

Minsky's pizza for Pizza but what's this pizza you talk about? BBQ is its own food group in Kansas City.

Damn, I want some gates.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

For what it's worth, The Chicago Trib took a look at BBQ in KC in Sunday's food section: http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/food/chi-mxa0829eatcoveraug29,1,2940217.story?page=1&ctrack=2&cset=true

The article is on the first three pages. Three, four and five have recipes and page six has info box material on other KC BBQ places...

As for this AP job in KC, I've met a few people in the office and they all seemed pretty nice. I couldn't upload my resume on the AP Web site using Safari, a friend said that it works in Foxfire. I haven't tried it yet, but will tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted