1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP sports editor

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fran Curci, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Member

Anyone have any word on who replaced Terry Taylor (retired) as AP sports editor?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If they were smart, they'd give me a call. But, no.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The job listing -- and the one for the deputy sports editor -- have been taken down from the AP jobs board. I don't think Terry is retiring until November, but I haven't seen an announcement on either job.

4. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

My AP source told me that they have not heard of a replacement yet. I did ask about the job no longer being posted and was told that the listed jobs expire after a certain amount of time. That might be the case here.

5. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Member

Supposedly a handful of finalists vying for final cut.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Dave Zelio get bumped up. He's working out of Chicago right now and my dealings with him have been nothing but top-notch.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In case anyone missed it on the wire:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/michael-giarrusso-named-ap-global-sports-editor-20714372

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Tiny shoes to fill.

9. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I take it your comment has nothing to do with the previous editor's physical build?

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted