1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Show us the bin Laden Photos

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, May 10, 2011.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

We need to see them, though, so every American who has had extended face-to-face contact with Osama bin Laden can make sure it's really him.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I listened to the Ed Schultz show on the radio the day last week when this debate was really heating up. If you think that the right has the market cornered on talk radio call-in loonies, think again.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

[​IMG]
    They've taken a hand count already.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I don't think WWII is over because Hitler is still alive. You know, I need a picture.

And unless it's a polaroid or a old time film image, isn't pretty much every digital picture open to debate due to editing of images?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wasn't that out there for a while?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Like throwing a rock at a hornet's nest ... that you've already smacked with a baseball bat and been standing a little too close to for the last hour while wearing a shirt made of flowers.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Osama is working at the same Stuckey's outside of Peoria that employs Elvis and Jim Morrison.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Well, I live in a country with radicalists, and the stories I've read in the last week about retribution are pretty terrifying. I've read a newsgroup from another Muslim country and they're still on the "if he really is dead" issue, despite the facts.

So while I'm not completely sure I "buy it" either, but I'm not going to discount the argument.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Yeah, but would we?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Worrying about inflaming terrorists is about as worthwhile as worrying about inflaming the sun.

They are what they are.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

By not releasing the photos that terrorists have won - again.

12. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

There should be a way for the White House to post read-only copies of select photos on a web site complete with the EXIF data that comes with digital photo. That will help verify the authenticity. Those who object don't have to view it, and news organizations can decide for themselves what to show and what not to show.

And any conspiracy theorists will ignore the EXIF data and say it can be altered or whatever. I'd encourage the White House not to watermark the images, just post them as is.

Draft saved Draft deleted