1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Obama has clinched delegate count

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

No, Mr. Wright, God bless America.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Agreed.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I know it is the obvious, but I don't think any of us truly grasp the full meaning of Holy Shit A Black Guy Got Nominated For President just yet.

4. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

All I can think about is how my late father worked his ass off for three decades to help African-Americans gain improved voting rights, getting up early and staying up late to get people out to vote. This moment is for him and those like him who helped plow the roads to make this possible. This is a proud night. As an African-American male, I will never forget this night and the meaning of what is happening in this nation.

Here's a cold Budweiser for you, Dad.....

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It's starting to sink in for me right now.

That letter on Facebook was chilling.

He did it. He fucking did it.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Actually, it's the only reason I'm watching CNN right now.

7. I agree with you. However, I look forward to the day it's NOT a story, you know? That will be when we've really made progress.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

"Chilling?"

So I went back and re-read the "letter."

"Chilling?"

So...um...words still, like, mean stuff, right? So "chilling" would mean "I got chills," right? And you were talking about that "letter," right?

Wow. I wonder if Slate still does their Obama Messiah watch...I need to drop them a link.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

In terms of "Holy Shit, A Black Man Just Got Nominated For President"?

Yeah. Chilling.

I stand by my word.

10. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Obama being nominated? OK, maybe, someone can get chills. This is an undeniably historic moment, though of course it'd be nice if so very much of his campaign wasn't so based on the color of his skin.

But the half-assed facebook message tossed off by some campaign intern? That gave you chills? It just seems...melodramatic.

11. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Speech now...what a winner this guy is. He's tremendous.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

His speech here in Minneapolis, in the first part anyway, sounded awfully close to being ready to ask her to jump on the ticket.
    He lauded the hell out of she and Bill's accomplishments!
    I guess we'll see soon enough,

Draft saved Draft deleted