1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Jerry Falwell has died.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: AP: Jerry Falwell in "gravely serious" condition.

Date: 05/15/2007 01:33 PM

BC-APNewsAlert/16
    BC-APNewsAlert

LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) _ A Liberty University executive says the Rev. Jerry Falwell has died.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I rarely agreed with many of his stances, but RIP nonetheless.

3. boots

boots New Member

Re: AP: Jerry Falwell in "gravely serious" condition.

Despite what you think of him, I'll remember that he was a man of God. I'll also remember that he gave me an hour of his time for an interview. I know one of his visions was to see Liberty University become the baptist Notre Dame. He wanted the school to have a top-flight athletic program and brought in big names to try and make that happen.
    He will be missed by many.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well put...

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

I believe another disagreement was with Bob Guccione. They had a confrontation on the Tomorrow show with Tom Snyder, so there were three people I couldn't stand on the same stage.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=LNA/MGArticle/LNA_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173351208443&path=
    Ron Godwin, the executive vice president of Liberty University, confirmed that the Rev. Jerry Falwell, 73, died today.

Godwin said that Falwell was found unconscious in his office after missing an appointment this morning.

All faculty and staff at Liberty University and Thomas Road Baptist Church have been requested to meet at the TRBC worship center at 2 p.m. for an announcement on Falwell.

----------

Like boots mentioned, Falwell was very active in Liberty's athletics program. He had a lot of ambition and drive to forward his beliefs and dreams.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I can hear it now .... "Eeeeeexxxxxxcelllennt!"

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

RIP. Didn't agree with his beliefs but clearly he blieved in God and Christianity.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

By the way, Sportsbruh, hope you enjoy the karma.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Fallwell's remark on his TV show after 9/11: “I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say’you helped this happen.”

I wish he had survived and that a pagan, abortionist, feminist or gay person had been the one to administer CPR and save his life.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

It should have been Jim J. Bullock.

Maybe Larry Flynt but he would have fallen out of his wheelchair.
    Now i have to worry about karma, but RIP Jerry

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Well, that's not very nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.