1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP graphics

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by uconn98, Sep 3, 2007.

1. uconn98

uconn98 New Member

Is anyone else having problems with the graphics from the AP site?

All the ones I download are not grouped properly, have separate boxes for every single letter of text and lately require changes that are more trouble than it's worth.

Not sure if it's something on our end, but I doubt it, and I'm wondering if anyone else has these same issues.

2. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Not here. Seem to be same crappy graphics as normal, with typos, misinformation, etc....but downloading and applying to page still fine.

What site are you getting them from? Webgraphics?

3. uconn98

uconn98 New Member

yourap.org

Every time I try to use apwebgraphics I keep getting the page that says it can't load. And we have the latest version of Firefox running here.

This is frustrating as hell.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I know they went to PDF files a week or two ago. You pretty much have to have Adobe Illustrator to edit them.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Finally did away with Freehand?

How is apexchange working nowadays? Still a clusterf**k?

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Me no know apexchange. Maybe crazysexycool can enlighten us when it stops in again.

7. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I've had a problem with apimages not posting stuff on their site for days after a game. I don't know if that's them or if I'm incompetent, but I had no problem grabbing them off YourAP. That's the only issue I've had, though.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The new AP Images thing has worked well for me. If you don't find something you want, make your search more general. But usually, I can do something like "phillies ... in the last 24 hours" and get what I need.

9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

That's what I've been doing, just typing in the team name. But I've been getting no results in that time window, and when I put a larger window, it's all last week's stuff.

Such is life.

10. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I logged on to your AP and saw a bunch of test graphics, so looks like it was AP. I am comfortable enough with Exchange now that I hardly use Your AP anymore. Exchange still has a few bugs (mainly it hangs about every 6th pr 7th search) but I like the features it has better (search with in search, related items, etc...) even with the tweaks. I didn't use any graphics today. But haven't had any problems this week (I use IE 6.0, odd since I use Firefox for almost everything else but logging on to AP sites)
    I know here our crew can manipulate the PDFs better than they can Freehand anyway due to our software. (is that whacked or what?)

11. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Interesting, cause I use Freehand and find it a lot easier to use than manipulating pdfs.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Freehand will change your fonts rather quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted