1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP finds Nazi commander, now 94, living in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sounds like the plot from Apt Pupil.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Damn straight.

On a related note, everyone — EVERYONE — should go to a Holocaust museum once, preferably in high school or college. An age old enough to comprehend but still young enough to be impressionable.

I didn't even go to the one in D.C., I went in Houston. And it was one of the most terrible and important experiences of my life. I will never, ever, ever forget it.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Forced myself to go to the one in D.C., very humbling. Incredible experience.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I echo Buck and others.

Damn straight you never forget.

Ever.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hopefully at some point the final Nazi war criminal is dragged to the gallows at the age of 112.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often, since records were so spotty in the pre-computer 1940s. Argentina had the reputation of being the refuge of the ex-Nazi, but hiding in plain sight in this country worked well for decades for Demjanjuk and this guy. Probably dozens made it here and died of old age before being found out.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Never.

8. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Yes, it is worth it. Do it.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, if you lie about something like that to immigration authorities, there is no statute of limitations. That story doesn't specify whether he's a naturalized citizen or a permanent resident, but either way, he can be deported.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. There's no SOL on genocidal war crimes, period. There are no limitations issues here other than the fact that the guy is 94 years old and will soon be dead anyways. They better hurry if they want to slap a guilty verdict on him before he goes.

11. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

The guy probably doesn't even remember what he's done.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Shut the fuck up and go away, Herpes.

Draft saved Draft deleted