1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP exchange and News Edit on Macs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doggieseatdoggies, Sep 17, 2009.

1. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

Any way to weave the web-based system into a NewsEditPro program where you just drag the item to your pages, be it Quark or InDesign? If so, can you give me details so I can explain it to our IT people? This highlight, copy and paste is for the birds...buzzards, that is.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

DED: I feel your pain. What I've taken to doing is saving the text as an HTML file in Firefox to my desktop, then opening it in Firefox and copying and pasting it into NewsEditPro and then coding it there.

Yeah, I know, a royal PITA, but it works. I just hope and pray the stuff shows up on the regular wire, which seems to be happening with less and less frequency.

AP Exchange sucks donkey balls.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I want my AP Leaf Desk back.

4. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

Been having all kinds of AP exchange problems at our shop. Login...get error message. Login...see the AP exchange home page for a second and it returns to the login page. Login...get error message. About the seventh time, then it lets you in.

5. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

I'm still not seeing how our IT guy is going to link AP exchange and News Edit Pro where the wire filters into NEP. He keeps saying it will work once he gets around to it but I can't see how. And it doesn't look like any of you have it working that way.

This sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted