1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP: Clinton will acknowledge tonight that Obama has the delegates to win

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jun 2, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Self-centered asshole and spoiled brat who can't accept reality are two better descriptions of Hillary Clinton than Bitch.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This is more "we are victims" bullshit.

For all the talk of how "tough" Hillary is all I continue to hear about how "mean people were and calling her names".

Give me a fucking break.

Go back over the last eight years and see the "names" that have been thrown at George W. Bush and Dick Cheney by you and your own -- it is a part of the process and Hillary has been no more or less picked on than any candidate as polarizing as she is.

My God, the bottom line is you can't demand equally on one hand then whine for special treatment on the other.

And if Hillary or Obama can't take the heat, they should get the fuck out of the kitchen.....

Oh wait, that might be considered sexist so let me rephrase...

If Hillary or Obama can't run with the big dogs, stay the fuck on the porch....

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is that Hillary may never actually "concede" to Obama. For her, it would be like a defendant being forced to give an allocution after striking a plea-bargaining deal. She just won't do it.

One of the best Hillary campaign post-mortems is in the WSJ today. Good sidebar on how the Clinton campaign threw money around early on themselves and the media, then actually set up a filing room in Texas that was the men's bathroom in some lecture hall.

Also a good one in the Boston Globe.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But being a gracious loser is so 1984. Somebody else is always to blame for Democrats, whether it is mean old Lee Atwater making an ad or votes that "need" to be (selectively) recounted in Florida or Kerry waiting a day to conceed Ohio just out of spite and not any real hope of winning. No surprise that they would eventually turn on their own with the victim complex.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Anybody who thought she was just going to concede is politically naive.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

She'll endorse Obama Friday, according to the Times:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/clinton-is-moving-toward-suspending-campaign-and-endorsing-obama/

7. Or like The Fonz saying he was wr-wr-wr-, wr-wro-wro, wro-wron-wrong. ;D

DOH!!!!! Just realized I used that joke on another thread.

Eh, still applies, though.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

charles rangel, among hillary's top supporters, ripped her a new one today for her performance last night. he and 22 other dem backers in congress told her she must throw her support to obama by friday or they're jumping ship on their own.

geez louise. get the eff out, hillary. while you still have a shred of dignity left. :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Nearly five months after the BCS Championship Game, sources close to the Ohio State football told the Associated Press that they expect Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel to announce Friday that the school will acknowledge LSU as the 2007 national champions.
    The sources, who spoke to AP on the condition of anonymity, say that the delay in the announcement was not meant to offend Tigers fans.
    "This was about our supporters, and doing the right think for the," one team official said. "After all, we had a better winning percentage and we won against teams that represent all the big states so important in the fall, excet Illinois, which we all know doesn't count."
    Offcials declined comment on what Tressel may want ahead of Friday's announcement. Speculation is that Ohio State will ask for 25% of all royalties earned on national championship merchandise and that "Hang On Sloopy" be substituted for "Hold That Tiger" at all games this upcoming season.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well-played, dixie.

If ... er, differently-spelled than I'm used to. :D

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fineman reported on Countdown tonight that the drive to shut down came from inside her campaign:

Draft saved Draft deleted