1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP bowl bitching thread

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shotglass, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ha.

Thankfully, the 9.3 inches filled the slot I had.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Holy crap, I was wrong.

14.1 inches.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Nearly picked up the phone ISO the International Bowl agate tonight ... it has moved, of course, but wasn't slugged like any of the other bowl agate the whole season.

BC-FBC-Buffalo-ConnecticutStats

sted

BC-FBC-T25-SugarBowlStats

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Blame Canada.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was about to rip out my hair last night, waiting for the NFL game. Between them and the box of the local U so I could scribble something quickly on last night's game (which was e-mailed to me at 12:10...I'm on a 12:30 deadline. Damn these stupid teams playing in the Central time zone when I'm in Eastern....) before deadline, I was about to shoot something.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is the second year in a row I'm bitching about this.

Every story I get is slugged BCS-Champions no matter whether it's about OU, Florida, or whatever.

How about shortening the slug for those of us who only get 16 characters?

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I frankly don't care what the damn payout is when I want to run the Bowl Glance agate.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Addendum. Because it's funny.

At 11:56 p.m. tonight, AP moved an advance on the Panthers-Giants regular season game. Not only that, it was a first lead-writethru.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Funny thing, I'm always inclined to cut that out for simplicity's sake, but a guy called and said he liked to see that, at least once. So i found a way to run the payouts along with the sked once or twice.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Hah. That is REALLY late.

Draft saved Draft deleted