1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP and woody austin

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 2underpar, Sep 28, 2007.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

no ap art of woody face down in the pond at the prez cup?
    WTF?

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

We were just saying the same thing. SI/CNN.com has a good sequence of shots though.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

AP photo editor on duty said he was watching the golf when it happened and said "Damn, I hope we got that."

They didn't.

I made a point of teasing to PGATour.com, per 2under's recommendation.

4. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

What are you trying to do, 2under, impress some potential employer or something? ;)

It's football season down there. Forget the Presidents Cup.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

2under is, as his name suggests, all about the golf.

6. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

it only was the best golf moment since woody was banging his putter on his head in 1997. besides, how can you write the headline "U.S. takes a bath on day 2" without Austin in the drink?

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Thank god for Getty on this one. They had a bunch of 'em.

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm here in Montreal, so I'm not sure if it was on TV or not, but a little heads up in case it wasn't: Woody just walked up onto the 14th green wearing a SCUBA mask, crowd chanting his name. I like this guy a lot.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's definitely not about poker winnings... but 2under is accurate when describing his totals at the end of the night

10. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

spoken like somebody who has gone home broke and sober after a night of poker with 2under. but hey, keep watching WSOP. you might learn something.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of gambling...played at the same craps table with Woody a while back. He was wearing a US Open hat, windbreaker and shorts (always weird to see the pros in shorts) and it appeared no one knew who he was. When it was his turn to roll he threw a winner, I said "nice shooting, Woodrow!" and got a slight nod from him. Gotta like the guy...can't think of many players on tour today who would be shooting craps at night in the middle of a tournament. (Yeah, there's Daly, but he wouldn't be at craps, he'd be at the $100 slots in back.)

12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

That was 10 years ago? Jesus Christ, I remember watching that live and listening to the announcers crack up. I was thinking about this the other day and figured it was like 3-4.

Draft saved Draft deleted