1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP All-America hoops team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 31, 2008.

1. derwood

derwood Active Member

Mayo will not be back.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Great stuff, Fenian :D

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

My people are saying one more year. Could be wrong, but the general belief is that he wanted to go someplace that wasn't on the basketball map so he could put it on the basketball map.

A lot's going to depend on who he's listening to these days --- his mother or his father.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The General said that Tyler Hanbrough would be the first player he would take for his team from the current group. But compared to Chuck Taylor what does Knight know anyway.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

John Wooden has been saying great things Love(I believe he compared him to Bill Walton) as well.
    You want to say he's a good college player? That's fine. But let's get real here, watch Beasley and Love and go and watch Hansbrough. You'll see the difference.
    Oh and furthermore, POY isn't the MVP award. It it was what it is THE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD.

P.S. And please don't bring that "hardest working player in the nation" crap. How in the hell could you figure that out. I'm sure there's someone who's working just as hard, if not harder, than Tyler Hansbrough. Oh great pic you got there Boom, its nice to see that SportsJournalists.com KKK nation never takes a break.

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Mayo was barely first-team all-conference. If Bayless is healthy all year, I think he falls to second team and there are plenty who would put Weaver over him there, too. Mayo was really good, but he had spells where he was just OK.

As far as who he's listening to, I believe Mr. Franklin is going to be his main adviser, but that's just spitballing. No way he's back, but who the hell thought he'd drag his ass across the country to SC? There are just some guys who do not belong in college and he is one of them.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The General did pick Pitt to win the national championship on Selection Sunday, so there is that.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

The General has logged some hard years and from what I've seen of him on ESPN, he's lost something off his fastball.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For college...

I'd build my team around Kevin Love.

The next pick would be Curry.

I would then be torn between Lawson and an athletic three who could get out on the break. It would probably be Memphis kid, but I would not want team chemistry shot if he is a knucklehead.

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I doubt you're going to get a solid argument for "Memphis Kid" as a knucklehead, whether it's Rose or Douglas-Roberts.

The Tigers sure haven't had much trouble out of either of them.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True.

12. And, even before that, he was saying he'd have played Damon Bailey when Bailey was in 8th grade.

Draft saved Draft deleted