1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP All-America hoops team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I agree with you that Chalmers has had the better year(partly because Rush was out half the season with the knee injury and it took him a while to get back to his form). He's great, don't get me wrong. I just think that Rush is the better player.

P.S. I wont even call you crazy for saying Chalmers. Why? Because they're the most balanced team in the nation. Hell, I don't even think Bill Self knows who's the best :D

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Take Rush off Kansas, and Kansas is still a damn good team.

Take Chalmers off Kansas, and Kansas is a lesser team. Not much less, but lesser. Chalmers does much more across the board than Rush, who's primarily a scorer.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Actually, Rush is also an excellent defender. One of the best in the nation.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You know who's a better defender than Rush? Chalmers, who has more steals (90-31) and only seven less blocked shots (30-23) despite the height difference.

Chalmers also is far better in assists-to-turnovers (163-70) compared to Rush (77-63) and averages nearly the same amount of points. Rush might make a better pro, no doubt, but on this team for this season, there's no question that Chalmers -- who has all the intangibles that Rush lacks -- is the best player KU puts on the court.

5. I think you're overmatched Chuck.

You might have to concede Oz knows a bit more about Rock Chalk than you.

6. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Lofton is an outstanding shooter. He's also one of the worst defensive players alive.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Chuck belittling Hansbrough? Ending a board exodus to do so? Knock me over with a feather.

8. Me and my twin bro' are turning pro, dude!

[​IMG]

Am I still pissed at Stanford?
    Why, yes, I am.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hibbert seemed to go backwards this year from where he was as a player last season.

10. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Interesting, 3 teams and the voters managed to hold the Mayo. He was all anyone was talking about at the beginning of the season. So does he stay one more year, or is he still gone?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I wouldn't waste even a low first round pick on him. He's way too stiff and just doesn't have the intensity or instincts.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Well, thanks to all of you who started watching college hoops 10 days ago.
    But CDR had an All-America season and belonged on the first team, and everybody who followed Memphis knew this. Rose is a magnificent talent who, because he is a freshman, had occasional problems with consistency. And as wonderful a tournament and season as Curry enjoyed, there's no way he belonged on the first team ahead of anyone who was selected.

Draft saved Draft deleted