1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AP All-America hoops team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 31, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No-one I know. He had some good games early in the season against UNC and Duke, but that's not enough to merit inclusion.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Curry was actually named to the second team.

Considering the conference he played in, I think that's about right since the honor is based on regular-season performance.

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

You gotta show you belong with the elite before you get these things and he hadn't done that before their run. That he was named to the second team is a sign the voters had their heads out of their asses. Now he's a frontline Wooden Award candidate entering next year. Can't ask for much more than that.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And that seems fair. As good a season as he's had, 25 ppg etc. I don't see anyone on the first team I'd bump for him. I would easily put Derrick Rose ahead of him on the list.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the second and third teams.
    Can someone post them?

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

SECOND TEAM
    Luke Harangody, Notre Dame, 6-8, 251, sophomore, Schererville, Ind., 20.8 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 51.5 fg pct, 37.5 3-pt fg pct (9, 211)
    Shan Foster, Vanderbilt, 6-6, 205, senior, Kenner, La., 20.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 52.6 fg pct, 47.3 3-pt fg pct (7, 159)
    D.J. White, Indiana, 6-9, 251, senior, Tuscaloosa, Ala., 17.3 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 60.4 fg pct, 1.7 blocks (2, 146)
    Stephen Curry, Davidson, 6-2, 185, sophomore, Charlotte, N.C., 25.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.8 apg, 43.8 3-pt fg pct, 89.8 ft pct, 1.9 steals (4, 117)
    Roy Hibbert, Georgetown, 7-2, 278, senior, Adelphi, Md., 13.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.9 apg, 60.1 fg pct, 2.3 blocks (1, 86)
    THIRD TEAM
    Derrick Rose, Memphis, 6-3, 190, freshman, Chicago, 13.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.5 apg (4, 85)
    Chris Lofton, Tennessee, 6-2, 200, senior, Maysville, Ky., 16.1 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 39.8 3-pt fg pct, 83.5 ft pct (4, 82)
    Darren Collison, UCLA, 6-1, 165, junior, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., 15.2 ppg, 3.9 apg, 50.6 3-pt fg pct, 87.4 ft pct, 1.9 steals (2, 80)
    Brook Lopez, Stanford, 7-0, 260, sophomore, Fresno, Calif., 19.2 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.2 blocks (1, 73)
    Eric Gordon, Indiana, 6-4, 215, freshman, Indianapolis, 21.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.5 apg, 84.5 ft pct (4, 72)

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I still think Roy Hibbert is overrated, and this season he was exposed as just that.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A lot of people who watch more than the BCS conferences. He might not be a first-team selection, but definitely ought to be second team.

EDIT -- Good to see Curry did make second team. Just too bad a clutch player like Mario Chalmers didn't make the cut over someone like Hibbert.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

He was overrated last year, too.

10. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Well, if there's beef about CDR making the first team even if wasn't the best player on his team, I'll start the beef that Chris Lofton is on the third team when he wasn't Tennessee's best player. Tyler Smith was.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Agreed, To be his size and average that few rebounds and blocks is pretty weak.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

But, but, but, he played at Georgetown and he is over 7-feet tall. Doesn't that count for something? He's the heir to Patrick Ewing's throne.

Draft saved Draft deleted