1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anytime AP?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by chester, Mar 12, 2008.

1. chester

chester Member

AP Ohio moved a story on its own player of the year in basketball for the state at 6:30 p.m. As of 9:05 p.m., I am informed by one of their people they are still trying to track down photos of said award winner.

It's your own award. Shouldn't you have planned ahead?

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Called them on it 30 minutes ago. The intern that answered laughed and said they were working on it.

3. chester

chester Member

They pulled the same stunt last night with a feature on Browns owner Randy Lerner. Then, they move a photo at 10 p.m. which is a 2006 file photo. Are you kidding? You couldn't have found that hours before?

4. NoOneLikesUs

YES!

I called them on that too. Same response as tonight although they blamed it on New York.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I blame bocce ball.

6. chester

chester Member

I blame soccer.

7. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

If you didn't rely on AP, this wouldn't happen.

8. chester

chester Member

I knew I should have gone out to Toledo with a point-and-shoot myself. What was I thinking? ::)

9. NoOneLikesUs

Wiseass.

10. chester

chester Member

Of course, now they move the photo at 10 p.m. - six minutes after I moved the page. Then again, I also got fucked on that page by the UC-Pittsburgh write-up, which took 30 minutes to move after the game ended. That moved two minutes after the page moved.

Just one of those nights.

Draft saved Draft deleted