1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anything beats doing my work, I guess

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Don't ask what prompted me to do this, other than procrastination:

dooley_wolmack1 has, as of 8:30 p.m. my time, 21,475 posts, for an average of 17.194 posts per day

The Good Doctor has 5,513 for an SportsJournalists.com-leading average of 27.428 posts per day.

On April 18, 2010, at 5:59.45 p.m. Eastern time, TGD will surpass dooley for most posts on the board.

Make your hotel reservations now.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow, man. You really are bored.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dunno about that... Never underestimate the power of Dooley's ability to post-pad.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Were you in Lambda Lambda Lambda?

6. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

That is just nuts. Well done.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What can I say, I was waiting on a couple of calls, wandered over to the board, did a member check to see where I rank among the legends of our time, saw TGD's insane post rate, compared it to dooley's, then the wheels started turning (my neighbors weren't happy about the creaking they made).

I probably completely fudged the math, but I gave it a go.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The sad part about this is that Doc hasn't been posting much at all lately. At one point, it was up above 30 posts per day if my memory serves correctly.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Memories...

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sorry, only extrapolated a 10.234 daily post advantage for Doc. Actually, it shouldn't be that hard, come to think of it ... pulling up the calculator ... roughly 48,292 posts for each when they tie.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Didn't quite hit this one. Six months after the projected date, dools isn't near 48,292 yet. Didn't factor in Hofstraboy at all. What a dumb kid I was.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

You really dug up a 4-year-old thread for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.