1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone working through New Year's?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BillySixty, Dec 31, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And nights. Don't forget nights.

2. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

I've got a bottle of pinot that I was going to keep closed until midnight...but I cracked it a little early. I'm planning for this to be my first sober NYE in a while, but there's still time...

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

A bottle of pinot? And you're a guy?

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Hey! it's a hard grape to grow! It's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's not a survivor like Cabernet, which can just grow anywhere and thrive even when it's neglected. No, Pinot needs constant care and attention. And in fact it can only grow in these really specific, little, tucked away corners of the world. And, and only the most patient and nurturing of growers can do it, really. Only somebody who really takes the time to understand Pinot's potential can then coax it into its fullest expression. Then, I mean, oh its flavors, they're just the most haunting and brilliant and thrilling and subtle and... ancient on the planet.

5. Norman Stansfield

If anyone orders Merlot I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any fuckin' Merlot!!!

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You know how I know you're gay? You know how to grow a pinot. [/Cal from 40-year-old Virgin]

7. Mira

Mira Member

I have some Piper-Heidsieck Brut waiting for me at home after I slog through the Pack/Bears copy and wipe my tears from Favre's emotional interview.

Norman! You drink Merlot? Yikes.

8. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Last year, we had an 11:30 newsroom deadline and an 11:45 press start. We cleared at 10:30. Press foreman, being the normal hard-ass that he was, wouldn't start the press one minute before 11:45.

By the time late check was done and I stepped out the door, fireworks were going off downtown at the First Night celebration.

This year, we're out the door by 9 p.m. ... only to get a downpour at 11:55.

9. Norman Stansfield

Re-read my post. I said I'm NOT drinking any fuckin' Merlot.

Although I DO have some nice new glasses I could use if I decided to.

:D

10. Mira

Mira Member

I know you ain't drinking Merlot. You IDIOT!! ;)

11. Norman Stansfield

Happy New Year, IDIOT.

;D

12. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

Ain't nothing wrong with a little pinot.

Draft saved Draft deleted