1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone who is good at connecting electronics

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 7, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You want your binky, ijaggy? You want your baba?

Oh, like you were five. My bad.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. just in case he gets cold feet.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have now been on the phone with Comcast for 32 minutes. First, they had no record of me even having a cable box. Then they sent me to IT. Then they connected me with someone else. Then she was going to send me to the "Tivo department" but sent me to someone in IT, who then sent me to someone in the Tivo department.

Now, Heath, kind fellow that he is, works in the Tivo department at Comcast. But he just dropped this nugget on me: "I don't think any of our boxes have that (serial port). I know our customers connect their Tivos to our boxes, I just don't know how."

THEN WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU WORK IN THE TIVO DEPARTMENT? WHAT OTHER PURPOSE CAN YOU POSSIBLY SERVE?

Doing this on four hours sleep is not my best move.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Be careful, if you connect that incorrectly you might create a mini-black hole.

5. imjustagirl

Eh, add it to the pile.

6. imjustagirl

OK, the final (I hope) update: The only boxes Comcast offers with the thing I need are the DVRs, which I don't want. So I'm just going to buy the IR cable I had at the last place, which takes 5 seconds to change the channel (Tivo changes, then it has to relay it to the cable box, which then changes). It sucks, but it's better than canceling Tivo, starting up DVR service and losing access to all I have on Tivo.

Boo. But Yay!

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... sounds like the folks at Comcast are worried they'll encourage you to use something that takes away from their bottom line. Color me shocked that they're not being very helpful.

Surely, you can't be the first person they've dealt with that prefers TiVo to their DVR ...

8. imjustagirl

Well, sadly, I'm at their mercy.

Draft saved Draft deleted