1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone who is good at connecting electronics

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 7, 2008.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

IJAG ....you gotta sweet talk those cable guys.....works every time for me with the satellite guys!

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

BOW CHICA BOW WOW

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nope. I'm giving up. I've got a coaxial from my TV to my cable. A coaxial from the cable to the wall. red/yellow/white from my cable to my Tivo. Red/yellow/white from my Tivo to my VCR.

Nothing but my cable works. My Tivo's glowing, like it's turned on, but I can't access it on my TV.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you managed to miss the VMAs, consider yourself very lucky.

That's comedian/host was horrible.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think you need to run the coaxial from the wall to your cable box, a coaxial plus your colored cords from your cable box to your Tivo and then a coaxial from your Tivo to your TV.

For the Tivo to tape stuff, it needs to be getting the coaxial feed as well.

6. imjustagirl

Hmmmm...let me try that then!!! I thought there was a coaxial coming out of my Tivo at some point, but I couldn't find anywhere else to connect it to because both cable box ones and the TV one were taken.

I may love you, Angola...give me three minutes to find out.

7. imjustagirl

Angola, if I offer to bear you babies, you won't tell your gf, right?

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!! THE LITTLE DANCING TIVO MAN IS ON MY TV!

Now I just have to go buy the antenna thing to make my Tivo remote work my cable box. I'll do that tomorrow on my day off. :)

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I rule!

As far as hooking up your VCR, well, you will need another coaxial cord.

If it is a DVD player, then you just need to run your colored cords to your cable box.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

'Gola's gettin' laid tonight.

10. imjustagirl

It's a DVD player but not a recorder. Does it really need to be connected to the cable box? I don't think it was before.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No, normally it just gets connected to the TV, but you said your TV doesn't have a place for the colored cords to go into.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and if your dvr is connected to your cable box, it makes hooking up your surround sound much easier as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted