1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone watching the Mitchell Report hearings on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 15, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Mitchell: Selig and MLB were extremely cooperative, the teams were cooperative, Players Association largely uncooperative.

Should make for an interesting panel after the break, when Selig and Fehr take the stage.

Also, Tejada is going to be investigated for perjury.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wonder if Miggy will go the "beisbol been berry, berry good to me" route that Sammy Sosa used in 2005?

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Speaking of grandstanding, Mitchell just rolled out the all-inclusive, be-all, end-all -- when your argument is shallow or failing -- a ploy made famous and perfected by Slick Willy -- "but, but, but ... it is for the children...."

Look, I understand high school kids and even some in middle school kids use steroids but that has nothing to do with this expensive witch hunt, it is a bullshit rationalization and it is ridiculous that he went there, talking about all of the high school athletes who may be influenced by major leaguers.

There is no more disingenious line of crapola that a politician or in this case former politician can roll out than saying their actions or their ideas are fueled by protecting the children.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Mitchell was just terrific...all class. He's letting the report stand on its own, explaining the process but not elaborating on what was reported. Can't imagine anyone doing a better job with this mess.

Now we have Mr Selig and Mr Fehr...seated about three feet apart. Taking the oath....they should have put a camera behind Fehr to see if his fingers are crossed.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

One thing you can say about Selig. He can at least read a prepared statement without stuttering and stumbling. Those on the committee should take note.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Selig claming the sharp drop in positive steroid tests, due to elaborate testing and diligent minor league screening program.

No mention of the fact that there is no test to detect HGH, therefore rendering his statement utterly pointless. Can't wait to see of any of the learned congressmen are aware of this.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Shays is hanging on by a thread, up there. This year should finish the little twerp off.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Suddenly I'm not at all surprised that there were no WMD after all.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

To be fair, I recant, he mentioned the HGH issue.

Well, based on Selig's statement, it sounds like the whole steroid problem in baseball has been solved. Everyone can go home. Have a good day.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This guy has some questions:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hillary's the family master of the "for the children" horseshit . . . not Bill.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Anybody else just Google "Where Can I Buy HGH"?

Draft saved Draft deleted