1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want to defend Ann Coulter?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by butchie, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Oh, Michael Moore?? ;D

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Wow. Sorry. I totally missed that the first time.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Shit, I really stepped it to it that time. Just sitting here watching Ali-Liston on TiVo.

MOORE!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just found it ironic that a Coulter thread was started by someone called Butchie.

Carry on.

5. jboy

jboy Guest

"When Coulter employed the f-word to abuse a candidate, she made herself radioactive because the word is a simply invitation to hate. It was repulsive. I cannot imagine Coulter being invited to any panel or television appearance on which I would want to appear. Colleges and universities must also stop inviting her to appear as a representative of the conservative movement in America. She is not."

Hugh Hewitt at the conservative Townhall.com Blog.

6. OK, almost good.
    That's one, by the way.

7. All Edwards needed to reply was:

Ann just Can't Understand Normal Thinking !!

That is all.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

:)

Also, if Hugh Hewitt shows you the boot, that's serious. I'll never agree with 90 percent of his stuff, but at least he appears to genuinely believe in what he's saying. He's not just doing schtick like Mrs./Mr. Coulter.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit what she says, anyway?

I thought she'd outlived her 15 minutes long ago. Sort-of like Al Franken.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When you are desperate for publicity, as she is, you realize that being outrageous is the easiest way to get people to notice you. But you need to do something more outrageous than the last time or people won't pay any attention. After the 9/11 widows comment, it was going to take a lot for anyone outside of the FNC world to write anything about her. Mission accomplished.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Last night, Drudge was saying he didn't understand what the big deal was. The word was used in the Departed many times and there's a guy on Miami talk radio (I can't remember his name) who uses it a lot. Why is it OK in those cases, Drudge asked, and not with Ann Coulter?

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Of course, the obvious answer is that there's a difference between a movie and some Miami radio guy and being an invited speaker with the title of "political commentator" at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

Draft saved Draft deleted