1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want to call Katherine McPhee fat again?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Won't call her fat but I will call her stupid and pointless.

She's the type of person who will call herself fat and then expect people to agree with her.

Who cares. Go sing a song about it.

2. Stupid

Stupid Member

The culture that some people think (and probably does) glorify thin bodies also promotes unhealthy habits that lead to obesity. At least in some parts of the country. Having moved back to my native South after 11 years in the Bay Area, the diets of my neighbors are out and out disgusting. If anything, our culture worships the lard-ass because that's what our penchant for crappy food served in generous helpings is leading us to.

3. House

House Guest

Agreed. She's hot and it's not a disease. It's just being a fucking head case.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If he's saying "Yes I would" in response to ... "Would you hit it?" That's fine. But that's not the question at the top of the thread.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I dated a girl my senior year of high school who had an eating disorder. I had no idea and, in hindsight, I was so stupid. I should have seen it and confronted her or told her parents. She beat it, and though she lives halfway across the country, she's still a dear friend. But I try not to make jokes about it, because it ain't a pretty thing. Our expectations of what women should look like are ridiculous.

6. KP

KP Active Member

Totally. Though wearing a pink Red Sox hat does not make you a sports fan.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Exactly. The same magazines that are promoting this whole you gotta be thin to be popular and all that b.s. aren't holding a gun to your head saying, "Puke or else!"
    Hopefully she can overcome it, but it's hard to give much sympathy since she did this to herself.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Damn, y'all are harsh. Do you tell people who suffer from depression that they just need to get over themselves and cheer the fuck up? :-\

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I disagree with that. If you watch reruns of television shows from even 10 years ago, the women didn't look too skinny. They looked healthy.

Looking skinny 10 years ago and looking skinny now has changed by 20-30 pounds.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ugh. Hate when that happens. :-\

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And 50 years ago Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn were both considered attractive. Someone with Monroe-like figure wouldn't make it in today's Hollywood as a leading lady. The woman wore a size 16.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Dude, you're the ONLY one who didn't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted