1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want to call Katherine McPhee fat again?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

AA: No putdown intended . . . but as a (frequently-reluctant) reader of USAT, the crap was in one's face, for months.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That show makes no pretense about being about grabbing attention. Every week the judges talk about how contestants can make themselves stand out. Indeed, that industry is about grabbing attention. Like it or not, she is a role model now, and she could do worse than to raise public awareness about bulimia. Whether this is an attention grab or not, I wouldn't hold it against her. There are, however, other things I'd like to hold against her.  ;D I found her quite fetching from the beginninng.

3. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Bulimia sucks, and god bless her for discussing her problems publicly. It's not easy. People who think there are underhanded motives to this gal talking about this ... you are some truly cynical people. I know you take pride in that. Makes you look like an ass is what it does.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wrong, again.

Taking everything at face value in this debased culture is a great way to get broke and bewildered, fast.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For the record ... a former co-worker of mine, a very sweet and angelic girl, had this problem. It's not funny and it is indeed very serious and very damaging.

Any comments I may make regarding McPhee are related to her connection to American Idiot, not her condition.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm with jag as far as not knowing who McPhee is. Now that I know, I care less than ever.

7. joe

joe Active Member

George Carlin on anorexics: "Rich bitches who don't want to eat. Fuck 'em."

8. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I'm assuming you all don't have daughters, or don't want any.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who is this McPhee lady?

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

To call someone fat, I have to know who they are.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

Anybody who thinks she's fat is an asshole of epic porportions with no understanding of how women are truly built.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm assuming none of them have wives/girlfriends, and obviously don't want either.

Draft saved Draft deleted