1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want to call Katherine McPhee fat again?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Jun 23, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

alley: Hate to shatter the illusion, but I am quickly beginning to hate sports. In general, in specific, in all cases.

I still know about them, so I'd still yell at the TV...like during the World Cup yesterday. But I no longer really even like sports at all.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I thought he was referring to this ... Disease 'goes through society'

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

:'(

Why?

4. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

I was just curious who Katharine McPhee was. Moving on ...

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Dick.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

The National Institute of Mental Health estimates that between 1.1 percent and 4.2 percent of females in the U.S. -- or 1.5 million to 6 million -- suffer from bulimia nervosa in their lifetime.

I'd call this a serious low-ball. I'd say it's more like 10 to 15 or even 20 percent.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wrong.

Given her fiscally-well-endowed (and connected) family, you know this is yet another reach-and-grab at paper and ink.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The grey-haired guy just landed a Ford commercial. I don't think its unreasonable to think there's ulterior motives for her "coming out".

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Of course.

Bulimia is serious shit . . . but "I choke on the BIG songs, at the BIG moments" Katy is simply screaming "What about meeeeeeeeeeee?", here.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I was wondering the same thing. Guess you kinda have to care about American Idiot to know.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given the sheer amount of space America's Rags devoted to the crap (ESPECIALLY USAT) . . . 'twas hard to avoid.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

USAT?
    I'm assuming you mean USA Today. No surprise I was stumped since I don't read that either.

And Ben, it's actually very easy to avoid hearing about people if you just don't out all the drek, change the channel the moment someone starts talking about it and put down the newspaper or magazine as soon as you see one of them on the cover.

Draft saved Draft deleted