1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want a Final Four roommate in NOLA?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CarlSpackler, Mar 28, 2012.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

P.S. And don't worry about having to share a room with any Kentucky fans. Most of them are already booked at the media hotel.

2. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

"You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father had but one hope: Someday my son will grow to be a man. And look at you now. You just got your asses hwipped by a bunch of god damn nerds. NERDS!"

Seriously, though, my extreme Saturday night backup plan is to just drink until I can check in Sunday afternoon. My only directive for the weekend was "Do something creative." With Louisville's participation, I figure an homage to Hunter S. Thompson may be in the works. So if anyone wants to help create "The Final Four is Decadent and Depraved," be on the lookout for me.

3. CarlSpackler

Still no takers for this once-in-a lifetime opportunity. Maybe I need to post a video with the Sham-Wow guy extolling my virtues.

On second thought, that's probably not the guy I want extolling my virtues.

4. Biscayne

Biscayne Guest

Nobody even offered you the floor and a pillow? That's lame.

5. CarlSpackler

There's still time. I've even packed the sleeping bag for good measure. I still have faith in people, especially when I get them drunk.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sleeping in your car tonight Carl?

7. CarlSpackler

Luckily, I have a friend down in Houma who had a couch waiting for me last night. Unfortunately, my pursuit of the sure thing sleepwise forced me to abandon the company of two UK fans who may or may not have been drunk enough to keep me around for some serious sexual experimentation. But hey, there's two more nights for that. It's New Orleans.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If they're UK fans, it's not experimentation for them. That would have come in like fifth grade.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If you'd have played your cards right, you could have fallen asleep in the French Quarter Krystal and an Alabama fan could have put his balls in your mouth. :D

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ned Beatty says hi.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This sexual experimentation didn't involve Clay Shaw, Joe Pesci, Kevin Bacon and the assassination of JFK, did it?

12. CarlSpackler

Only Joe Pesci.

In all seriousness, I did not see John Goodman near my hotel, but I did see Jennifer Coolidge, aka Stiffler's Mom, standing on her front porch. She waved and said hi. Nice lady.

Draft saved Draft deleted