1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone tired of Chad Johnson yet?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 25, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

yer smart!!

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ryan, you live to bust my chops.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Actually, I live to win the "Date with Cindy Margolis" sweepstakes, but busting your chops checks in at a close second. Very close.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i love all women named cindy. i think it started with that brady girl when i was super young.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'd still take him in Chicago, no matter how big a pain in the ass he is becoming.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You sure about that?

He's a giant pain in the ass with one of the top five QBs in the league slinging him the ball. how do you think he'd act in Chicago, with Suck, Suckier and Suckiest all vying to start behind center?

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only reason he's still in the news is because ESPN keeps poking him with a sharp stick. I'd almost forgotten about him until camp.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Exactly. For some reason, ESPN thinks it's a story every time Chad Johnson sneezes. It's the offseason, and nothing about his status has changed, so how exactly has he made any real news? As far as I can tell, this latest story on him was because ESPN felt the need to tell America that he showed up for a June minicamp. Who outside of Cincinnati gives a crap? The interview with Stephen A. was typical of this whole thing -- a couple of preening, melodramatic clowns who talked and talked, yet said absolutely nothing of substance.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't follow NFL that closely but I kind of like him. Seems all he's asking is that ownership provide the same level of commitment to winning football games as he does. Good for him.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As in the same commitment he shows when he threatens to sit out the season if he doesn't get a new contract? Never mind that he was perfectly happy with the money the day he signed it.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's his right to play or not play as he sees fit. Just like it's the team's right to cut him and void the contract. If a team thinks a player's contract would pay someone more than he's worth, it will cut that player. If a player thinks his contract doesn't award him fair compensation, he can walk away. That's the way the business game works in the NFL.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

couple of years ago, i found chad harmless and refreshing. he seemed to simply want to bring some fun to the table.

but as often happens, he began taking himself too seriously. and believe me, as the years go on, it'll just get worse as he attempts to position himself for a post-career tv gig.

oh, well. such is life on the nfl landscape. so many pregame shows, so little time, so few jobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted