1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone tankless?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, May 19, 2008.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what they're trying to do, I suspect. Doesn't do them any good if I send them less money every month.

To Inky Wretch: Do you vote thumbs up or thumbs down? Any problem if there's lots of hot water being requested at the same time, say, the dishwasher is running while someone wants to take a shower?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It will depend on the model you get.

The low-end models, like the one we bought, are for one appliance or shower at a time. But my in-laws installed a mid-grade tankless and they can run the dishwasher, washing machine and shower all at once with no problems.

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Some gas models may be a push according to this link. It's also a very good link for other energy savings questions as well:

www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/your_home/water_heating/index.cfm/mytopic=12820

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing but good things about the tankless heaters (basically, you save money).

And yeah, the utility guy trying to talk you out of it doesn't surprise me.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Not if I can't do something about it.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Peace in our time, indeed...

Draft saved Draft deleted