1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone tankless?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, May 19, 2008.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

One of the new technological gizmos on the market is a tankless system that replaces the traditional water heater. The theory is that while you use energy to keep the water in your tank at a preset temperature, with a tankless system you don't use anything until you actually want hot water. In theory, your power bill is supposed to fall dramatically.

At a home show over the weekend, Mrs. Trifecta and I were about to go ahead until we wondered by the booth of the area utility, which, surprise surprise, did a pretty good job warning us that we may not save any money at all because, when you ask for hot water with a tankless system, the energy needed to heat it so quickly is much greater.

I'm wondering if they're just feeding me a line of BS. Anyone own one of these systems?
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. I'm tanked.
  3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Though you were talking about the Polish army.
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought for sure this was our second C. Thomas Howell reference on the front page of anything goes.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am.

Edit: fuck you impawards.com. And FUCK YOU Good Doc! :)

Edit, Pt II: Fuck you too, musicman.com.

I do suck.
  5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

BYH: 211-98,443,421,210.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I blame Neville Chamberlain.
  7. Rumpleforeskin

Ok, but what did he do? You are not answering my question. What did he do? [/Bill O'Reilly]
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We bought a tankless water heater two or three years ago.

We installed it in the summer, when our natural gas bill was around $15-18 per month and the only thing on gas that we used was the old-fashioned tank water heater. The first month of our tankless, our bill fell to $8.

So I'm not sure why the utility guy said that, unless he was BSing you.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That was Chris Matthews. You don't know your history, pal.
  10. Rumpleforeskin

Those talk show hosts are all the same to me.
  11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought this said cankles (hi Norm!)
  12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Electric or gas?

And the power guy doesn't want you buying anything that allows you to buy, you know, less power.
Draft saved Draft deleted