1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone still watching Friday Night Lights?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boobie Miles, Jan 11, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Dodged a huge bullet there.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She will, however, play the trans gender gay tight end.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I saw a preview of the coming season and it appears that "coach stays" at Dillon. Glad to see Rosie won't be joining the cast, she'd just overwhelm the rest of the cast (like I fear Janeane Garrafalo will do to 24) and politics has nothing to do with it. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see FNL explore a gay student storyline.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I'd say a gay middle linebacker showing up at some point is a mortal lock.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

Don't know if anybody saw it, but Simmons had his column in the new issue of The Mag on trying to save Friday Night Lights. I stopped reading him a long time ago, but was glad he wrote it.

Looking forward to Oct. 5.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I just started watching the DVDs, but I'm also watching The Wire on DVD. I'm enjoying FNL, but I'd much rather watch The Wire. At least I'll be able to read the rest of this thread soon.

7. Bought season one and have been re-watching the episodes (and a couple I missed). What a great show this is. Even has re-watchability.

I really hope this show keeps up all of the things that made it great in the first season.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Connie Britton writes the 10 things you don't know about women in the latest issue of Esquire. She is, in a word, stunning. Especially when she says "a sweaty pile of naked."

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

Yeah.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

back off. she's all mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted