1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone still watching Friday Night Lights?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boobie Miles, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

There were a few threads about this show when it started but those quickly died off. I don't know if it's because people stopped watching, but if that's the case, then a lot of you are missing out. The show really hit it's stride and the last three or four episodes have been outstanding. There hasn't been as much game footage, which is a good thing because they've already had about three buzzer-beating touchdowns, including one on a 40-yard shovel pass ::). But the acting and storylines have really developed. This puts other shows about teens like Dawsons Creek or the OC to shame because for the most part the charactes actually act and talk like teenagers.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's fantastic... I picked up on it late, and thought there was no way in hell I would like it, but it may be one of the best shows on network television...

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'd watch it more if Friday Night Lights didn't conflict with Tuesday Night Basketball.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

it doesn't. it's on wednesdays now. and it's very, very good -- besides featuring incredible-looking women..

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Eh, doesn't matter. There's still Wednesday Night Basketball.

6. Dedo

Dedo Member

The episode a couple weeks ago involving "Of Mice and Men" and "The Scarlet Letter" was one of the best hours of non-HBO tv I've seen in a good while. Like others, I wasn't expecting much, but I've been continually amazed at how good this show is.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I have enjoyed it every step of the way.

8. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I wholeheartedly agree, one of my favorite new shows of the year. Most of the characters are either likeable or interesting.
    And, watching Lyla put her legs on Street's shoulders while they were trying to have sex in his wheelchair last week ... ummmm ... wow.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Agreed all around, I'm hooked, although Saracen's stuttering is getting on my nerves. You'd think he'd get past the whole nervousness thing by now.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Anything the Saracen kid does is all right by me. America's new hero.

And he and the coach's daughter ... what a sweet couple.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm stunned that they've been able to keep it this good for this long... The movie was good, but not nearly as good as the TV show...

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Which of the main females do we think John D. Villareal would rochambeau first?

Draft saved Draft deleted