1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone Seen "How to Make It in America" yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Mar 15, 2010.

1. nafselon

nafselon Active Member

Looked back about five pages and no thread. Sorry if this is a D_B.

Caught up on all the episodes I DVR'd since I work Sunday Nights. It looks like it has some potential and Luis Guzman generally cracks me up. Anyone else check it out...or give up on it after the pilot?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have watched all the of the episodes. I can sorta relate to the characters and the setting because in my younger days I knew people like them and know the place it takes place. It's not great television or plot, but the show has me interested enough to keep watching. It could turn into a guilty pleasure, the way Entourage was for the first season or two, even though they are different kinds of shows. They are both light and not quite real, but stupid to the point of being unwatchable. And yeah, Luis Guzman's character really cracks me up, too.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I saw the first two episodes last night. I'm about to watch No. 3

4. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

New York Entourage? It's OK. Needs more Kid Cudi.

5. nafselon

nafselon Active Member

It's definitely got some guilty pleasure elements. Nothing to really hook me in like Entourage did but there don't seem to be any characters I can't stand either.

Martha Plimpton's strange character also makes me laugh, not as much of Luis Guzman, but together they keep the thing from completely falling apart.

6. nafselon

nafselon Active Member

Finally caught up.

Every character has some likable qualities...except for the lead.

And Guzman pretty much steals the episodes with very limited scenes. I'm not sure why his character is so funny, but I think it has the most similarities to a person you'd really see running around the city. Him meeting Flacco at P.S. 163 was great stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted